Hi everyone, I am so glad you are interested in more blogs. Today I visited the zoo. This was special cause it was with my aunt. Second, cause the animals were active.
P.S. I have ever seen them active.
Guess what? You will never believe this but my aunt and I were walking in the zoo when a monkey came up to us. I hid behind my aunt; she got so scared and she dropped her bottle of water and the monkey stole it, opened the cap, and drank out of it! We then ran .I really hope you liked this story but I liked two animals I met at the zoo and researched more about them. So, lets start learning together.
We saw Sloth Bears (not the same as sloths) and they are very cute but when they are bugged they stand up on their hind limbs which makes them look bigger and scarier. They do this because they do not like a lot of people watching and bothering them. Trust me, I saw it. Plus, I will tell you a bit of them:
- A sloth bear’s natural food includes honey combs, flowers ,berries, and most of all, termites
- The bear in Jungle Book, Baloo, might be a sloth bear based on the descriptions in the book
- Sloth bears get caught for circuses and they get killed for jackets.
So, that was a little bit of sloth bears but the next animal is scarier.
White tigers are very pretty but yet they are very scary. The tiger I saw is named Agasthya. He is 14 years old.
- They are known as Bengal tigers and they are not the same as Siberian tigers.
- In the wild, only 12 white tigers have been spotted in a hundred years
- I have read that white tigers have blue eyes, but Agasthya never turned around to show us his nose and eyes.
I have a question for you:
Bengal tigers are usually yellow, so why is Agasthya white? I researched and found the answer very interesting. You can leave you thoughts in the comments section below.
I enjoyed my trip to the zoo and taking the pictures of all these animals. I’ll write more when I visit again.